Revitalising rural economy, through & to Social Solidarity Economy. International Solidarity Economy Conference on Transformative Economy, Yogyakarta, Indonesia on Nov 12 & 13, 2019. Organised by ASEC – Asian Solidarity Economy Council
The Asian Solidarity Economy Council hosted a two day International conference on Transformative Economy in Yogyakarta, Indonesia on Nov 12 & 13, 2019. The Conference was attended by 40 participants from eight Asian Countries namely South East Asia – Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia & Malaysia; from South Asia from India and Sri Lanka and from East Asia from Hong Kong, China and South Korea. There were also participants from Spain and Geneva.
The theme of this Conference was Revitalising Rural Economy through Social Solidarity Economy. This conference was organised to draw lessons from grassroots community based initiatives within Asia which are undertaking alternative economic models from the ground upwards by community based initiatives as well as civil society led community projects.
We also felt that the findings of this International Conference could serve as input to the World Social Forum on Transformative Economies to be held in June 2020 at Barcelona in Spain as input from the Asian region.
1. Introduction :
INDONESIAN COMMUNITY BASED ECONOMY INITIATIVES
4. Roadmap to Self-sufficient BUMDes, Indonesia by Eko Pambudi
5. Lessons from the field visit at Village Panggungharjo by Prof Denison Jayasooria
COMMUNITY BASED ECONOMY INITIATIVES FROM ASEAN
8. Collective Enterprise as a Workplace: A Philippine case by Dr Ben Quiñones
9. PROJECT AGRI-CHAIN: Modernizing Philippine Agriculture by Dr Ben Quiñones
10. Engendering Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) in the Context of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda and Engendering SSE in the Context of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda (presentation) by Prof Rosalinda Ofreneo
COMMUNITY BASED ECONOMY INITIATIVES FROM SOUTH ASIA
11. Participation of People in Developing Sustainable, Social & Solidarity Economy: ASSEFA, India by Kumar Loganathan
13. Sarvodaya Shramadana Movement of Sri Lanka by JMM Niswi
COMMUNITY BASED ECONOMY INITIATIVES FROM EAST ASIA
15. Rural Development in mainland China: The Yunnan Experience by Prof. Dr. Michelle, Hei Yan, Shum
16. Institutional Design and Map of SSE Organizations in Asia by Dr. Hiroki Miura
OTHER MATERIALS & INFORMATION